Career Opportunities Available:
Illinois Professional Surveyor
We are seeking an individual to take on the role of Survey Coordinator. This is a position for a Professional Surveyor with knowledge of surveying practices, state requirements, legal principles and a fundamental understanding of property boundary and land title surveys. This person should have experience with construction calculations, estimating & managing project budgets, client relations, field equipment and job-site procedures. Availability to visit the project sites for occasional meetings, make first-impressions to prospective clients and meet the field crews to solve issues will be encouraged. This is a full time office position at a 93 year old Civil Engineering & Surveying company.
Day to Day activities include:
- ALTA title commitment review and boundary resolution, current standards and optional item familiarity.
- AutoDESK Civil 3D use, drafting and production.
- Final as-built checking and completion.
- Property boundary calculations and resolution, legal descriptions, platting and compiling research requests.
- Deltek Ajera time entry and project management, budgeting, tracking and invoice proofing for monthly project billing.
- Trimble Business Center traverse closures, volume comparisons, report generating and point transformations.
- Trimble Access & field data collector program navigation (windows mobile), basic uploading & downloading techniques.
- Microsoft Word document creation, formatting and proposal writing. Microsoft Excel calculations, formulas, file conversions and sorting. Microsoft OneNote basic understanding, Outlook familiarity.
- Construction plan comprehension, scope definition and staking calculation planning and coordination. Bolt pattern location surveys, monitoring surveys, progress as-builts.
- Topographical & Engineering design survey instruction and planning.
- Alternating Fridays off (3-day weekend) work schedule.
- Optional Dental & Vision insurance.
- Employee medical insurance coverage.
- Short term disability & long term disability.
- 8 paid holidays per year.
- Education & continuing education reimbursement.
- 401K retirement plan with contributions.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (E.S.O.P.).
- Life Insurance policy.
- Applicant must be a U.S. resident with valid driver’s license for insurance purposes.
- This position is for an Illinois Professional Land Surveyor.
- Relocation assistance is not available.
- 5 years of experience minimum preferred.
Salary will be based on a variation of factors including experience, tenure at previous employments, participation examples of previous work history/representative projects.
Please email your attached resume to Austin DeSain: [email protected].
Please check back for future opportunities.